This blog used to be somewhere else, and it's unfair that I haven't introduced myself. I'm a college student blogging "professionally," whatever that means (nothing terribly personal).
1. First name? [excised].
2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, it is is my paternal grandmother's maiden name.
3. Do you wish on stars? No, I follow the planets.
4. When did you last cry? Recently, fearing my future.
5. Do you like your handwriting? When I write for myself, it's gorgous. When I write thank-you notes, it's ghastly.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Bologna.
7. When is your birthday? August ninth.
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? I used to listen to the Spice Girls and have a handful of ones from Adam Sandler.
9. If you were another person would you be friends with you? If I wanted an extremely loyal and emotionally volatile friend.
10. Do you have a journal? Nothing physical. I have a friends-only blog and this.
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes, and I apologize after using it.
12. Would you bungee jump? Probably not.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Regular Cheerios, but I prefer Quaker Oats.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Doesn't everyone?
15. Do you think that you are strong? Yes. I'm a good schlepper.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? It used to be vanilla until Häagen-Dazs made Baileys.
17. Shoe Size? 9.
18. Red or pink? Red.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I'm insecure and doubt everything.
20. Whom do you miss the most? My maternal grandfather, who is dead, and my aunt, who lives in New Jersey.
21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now? Grey sweatpants and striped socks, no shoes.
22. Last thing you ate? Thai food: garlic chicken.
23. What are you listening to right now? The Concert for Bangladesh with George Harrison and friends.
24. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Black because I loved doing scratch drawings when you'd color the paper a rainbow base, cover it in black, and scratch off the black.
25. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Andrew.
26. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Height.
27. Favorite drink? Coffee with a shot of Bailey's in it. (Manhattans are a close second.)
28. Hair color? Auburn that sparkles in the sun.
29. Favorite food? Thai's always good, but I've recently fallen in love with sushi.
30. Last movie you watched? Ferris Bueller's Day Off, to which I'm addicted. I'd like to try a similar experiment with New York institutions.
31. Favorite day of the year? March 17th, because an ethnic mutt like me finally feels like she belongs.
32. Summer or winter? Winter, simply for practicality. You can always add layers, but you can't take off your skin.
33. Hugs or kisses? Hugs because anyone can give you one.
34. Favorite dessert? Chocolate-covered strawberries.
35. What books are you reading? I'm in the middle of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, which I'm reading for pleasure; and I just finished Monkeyluv by neurologist-turned-anthropologist extraordinaire Robert M. Sapolsky.
36. What's on your mouse pad? I don't have a mouse pad because I use a PowerBook track pad.
37. What did you watch last night on TV? Kinsey. I love Liam Neeson, and I wrongly believe that the more I watch sex on television the more comfortable I'll become with the concept.
38. Favorite smells? Freshly ground coffee beans and a perfume that my aunt wears.
39. Favorite sounds? Jamie Cullum, David Gilmour, John WIlliams's scores, ...
40. Rolling Stones or Beatles? The Beatles, most definitely. No matter how much I like other bands, the Beatles will always be the best since its four—or three, if you subtract Ringo—members have proven to be successful, well-rounded musicians. I dare you to name another band that can make that claim.